The latest milestone release (migensystem-1-8479b available as a zip file from our google code repository) contains significant changes from the December release.
The main change is an attempt to reduce the space occupied by the General Model by including it in the Activity Document. In specific tasks this means that it can be included above or below the task presentation. In all other cases, users can construct their own Activity Documents.
This change also affects the way the students’ work area can be presented. It now includes the “Play Button” as well and therefore students can check the generality of their models directly in their working area. Other implications of this change include:
- the General Model can be resized and/or zoomed accordingly
- values of unlocked numbers are shown in the General Model as soon as they are unlocked (the window displays unnamed unlocked numbers and named unlocked numbers separately)
- the Model Rule appears in an equation in the General Model and named unlocked numbers appear simply as their names.
Because of these significant pages we wrote more detailed descriptions in the Using MiGen pages (note also a new video from the MiGen team “Learn eXpresser in less than 5 minutes“ that introduces eXpresser and incorporates the changes to the ‘General Model’ mentioned above).
You feedback and ideas for future versions are welcome.
Other changes include the following:
- users can change tasks without closing eXpresser
- documents/pages can also be saved and loaded without closing eXpresser
There are also a lot of change in the teacher tools
- classroom dynamics tool, grouping tool, student tracker, goal achievement
These were demonstrated at a PGCE session at the Institute of Education.
Filed under: News |